In October 2017, the county applied a new policy that syncs the computer login password with the portal password. If you change your computer login password, which is required every 90 days, your portal password will now be that same password.
With the increase of tablets in the classroom this is a great option. Quiver Vision brings coloring pages to life. Kids color the pages, then use a tablet with the app to see the picture come to life with the colors they used. There are some great educational sheets, especially the plant and animal cells. I have downloaded them all in the Tech Help folder in Google. Quiver is a free app, but some of the sheets require payment to use. Please check before using with your students.
You have heard me mention Google Back up and Sync before where you can have your My Drive on your local computer and it will automatically sync when connected to the internet. Well Google has stepped it up and with Google File Stream you can have access to My Drive AND Team Drives as a folder on your local computer. File Stream is only for managed domains like lilburnes.org. If you have a personal gmail account you need to use Back up & Sync for that, and yes, they can both run on the computer at the same time:-)
I noticed some gmail accounts with full access to folders/drives in LES Google Team Drive. I have deleted them. No one without a @lilburnes.org should be given access to team drives. If you need an account for a student teacher / intern, please put in a ticket and we will create the appropriate access. Interns should not get FULL access to anything. There are lots of precautions here, but below are the two most important ones.
1) protecting student data - g suite accounts with @lilburnes.org have higher security than @gmail.com. We can have some student data in the team drives because of the security. FERPA and COPPA have strict requirements of data for students. We must comply.
2) Full access could cause accidental deletion and other issues like giving others access. There are plenty of people with full access that can move or delete if they put something in the wrong place.
I'm sure this was an innocent mistake. I just want to make sure we are all on the same page. I do monitor the access periodically and will continue to delete any non les accounts that I find. If others continue to be added I will have to take full access away from teachers and we will go back to only the LSTCs or coaches having full access able to add users or move and delete files.
Now that Lab E has the new computers, we have more laptop carts for circulation. Please check the schedule for location and availability.
These are just a reminder of what has already been said in various settings.
1) Make sure your lessons are truly 1/2 a class period. Remember you aren't there to help them.
2) Look at having a variety of resources, not all GCPS resources, to lessen the network load.
3) Be sure to have a discussion area for questions or comments from students and parents.
4) Make sure there is a prominent news item telling of the Digital Learning Day and either directions of where the assignment is or a link to the assignment.
5) Be sure to remove the news item and content after 5 days.
6) Google Voice is a great way to give out a number to parents without having them actually know your number. Set it up and forward it to your cell phone or house phone during the DLD. You can then turn it to messages only on other days.