If you use Chrome or Firefox, you may find this short cut helpful. When you are like me and have tons of tabs open, I will quickly try to close several and end up closing the one I want to keep open. Did you know you can pin the tab so it can't be closed accidentally? Just right click on the tab, and choose pin. It will now become a smaller tab that doesn't have the X. In order to close the tab without closing the browser, just right click again and unpin the tab, then click the X as usual.
Remember to PLEASE put in a ticket for headphones. This is how we can try to get headphones from the county but if there are no tickets requesting/needing headphones, we have no justification for them.
I feel like I am beating a dead horse, but if you are in doubt about whether something is a ticket or not, put in a ticket. Even if it is software needs like adding students or passwords not working.
If you are requesting software or LES Chrome icons sent to your computer, or any issue with a computer, be sure to include the computer name. Directions for how to find the computer name are here.
If you would like to print a progress report of all the classes YOU teach for a student. Follow these directions. You can choose to print one instead of the entire class.
Please follow these guidelines when printing in the labs.
* No Class sets in color or on the printers in black and white. Plan accordingly to have copies made at the office.
* Use moderation when printing in color. Remember John's e-mail about the toner. Toner cost $1200 per color printer. The color printer in Lab C had the toner put in the last week of school. It had to be replaced this morning after just 2 months of this school year - no it wasn't used up over the summer. Unfortunately, we simply don't have the funds to keep that up. We understand your students may respond best to things in color. A guideline to follow is that if it isn't going to be laminated to use from year to year, don't print it in color.
* Please be sure to carefully choose the correct printer. The color printer is NOT the default printer. Many people end up printing to the black and white printer and wasting the paper and toner because they didn't choose the correct printer. The name of the printer is on the front of each printer in each lab.
* When doing class projects in the lab, if your students are doing final publications of poems or some drawing with their writing with color, it is fine for them each to print 1 copy of their work.
* Please remember NO FULL COLOR BACKGROUNDS.
* Please bring your own paper to the labs when coming down just to print. When you are doing lessons in the lab and need/want to print, you may use the paper already in the printers.
* Thank you for being responsible with our resources so they may be equally used by everyone.
New eClass courses for October and November are ready for registration in PD&E. To see an overview of what is offered, look at the online newsletter.
Don't forget to check out the handouts I mentioned last week to give to your parents. Technology Resources, Ways for Parents to help Reading, Ways for Parents to help in Math.
After discussion with Ann, the Tier 3 students need more data points from iReady. I have turned on Growth Monitoring for ALL students that use iReady. Once a month they will get a growth monitoring mini assessment to have another data point that can be used for the RTI data. If you have a student in Tier 3, they will be getting the mini assessments more often to get even more data points for them. Please use iReady with fidelity! The program and data are no good if the students aren't using it on a regular basis.
For the first time you are going to SST and you haven't been asked to collect the extra data yet etc, please take the Student Profile report under Diagnostic. This is a good comprehensive report showing where your student is performing in each domain. The growth monitoring report won't have enough data points until the end of October unless your student is already in Tier 3 but when you want to run that report, just follow these directions.
If you think you will be going to SST and want an extra data point, you can add your own growth monitoring mini assessment by following these directions.